within:

Review Detail

Veterinarians Pumpkin+LaFondaPumpkin+LaFonda November 22, 2014 6997
The BEST guinea pig vet I have ever had
Overall rating 

Quality of Pet Care 

Quality of Customer Service 

Price Performance 

I have lived in various states, I have owned 11 guinea pigs over the span of 20 years, and I have seen a lot of vets. Dr. Chris Eugenio is by far the best exotics vet I have ever encountered in every way. I have worked in large animal medicine and management for several years so my standards are very high. Dr. Eugenio is thorough, knowledgeable, innovative, experienced, priced conservatively and he truly cares. My guinea pigs (or any other exotic pet I may end up having) will always go to him.

Before I started going to Dr. Eugenio, my 3-year-old sow fractured her calcaneus and I took her to an exotics vet at a different practice. I knew the options were going to be euthanasia or amputation, but I just wanted to be sure. The vet stated exactly what I had been dreading so I started to mull over surgery. Then a coworker suggested Dr. Eugenio for the surgery so I made an appointment with him. He said neither euthanasia or amputation was an option and wanted to try a special splint he created for cases like this. I was willing to try anything and agreed. The splint that he made was made solely out of white tape (those of you in medicine know it well) and fashioned what looked like a mini cast around her ankle. It was truly amazing. He asked that I continue radiographing it at my place of work throughout the few weeks the splint was on and return for follow ups. I did and LaFonda's calcaneus was healed in less than 2 months. And when the splint came off there wasn't a single sore. LaFonda is doing wonderfully now as if nothing happened and I have continued to see Dr. Eugenio for other guinea pig cases since then. I can't say enough great things about this doctor.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account