within:

Review Detail

Veterinarians Internet ListInternet List January 01, 2003 2942
Excellent odd pet vet
Overall rating 

Quality of Pet Care 

Quality of Customer Service 

Price Performance 

Hands down one of the most intelligent , kind ,and reasonably priced vets in New England.When my children's guinea pig became ill and stopped eating I brought her to our local RI vet who wasn't well versed in small rodents.She couldn't really diagnose her problem but did palpate a large tumor located in her abdomen.My children were devastated that their sweet guinea pig of 2 years,was most likely going to die.My good friend suggested I travel to get a second opinion with Dr Mertz who promptly and accurately diagnosed her with an ovarian mass.That was a Saturday ,by Sunday Charlotte had surgery and was home.Its now been 3 weeks and our pet is well on her way to a full recovery and life.As a footnote she did developed a slight infection in which Dr Mertz again came through and ordered an antibiotic for her.Within 1day she was herself ,eating , drinking and squeaking away.The total for the doctors services was approximately $195.00 a far cry from my local vet? That included her appointment,overnight boarding,surgery and initial post-op care.This was a very fair price to pay for my children's happiness and Charlottes life.In addition the office staff were very helpful and caring as well.A-1 care from start to finish.

C
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 1 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
June 27, 2012
I don't think this vet is in Dedham anymore. It seems he is with NE Wildlife. http://wildlife-education-center.com/odd-pet-ve/exotic-animals-veterinary-clinic/
Is this where you took your pet in? I have been trying to get through to someone for a while, but just getting voice mail
1 results - showing 1 - 1