within:

Review Detail

Practices, Clinics and Hospitals CavyLoveCavyLove September 08, 2011 7223
If you love your guinea pig, seek care elsewhere
Overall rating 

Quality of Pet Care 

Quality of Customer Service 

Price Performance 

In the past three years, I have lost two beloved friends as a result of Irene Cote's diagnostic ineptitude and lack of in-depth knowledge regarding guinea pigs - not to mention a front office staff that is alternately unresponsive, clueless, and/or unwilling to "bother" the doctor regarding questions, concerns, emergent situations and follow-up care. I have paid dearly both financially and emotionally for the gross errors made by Cote and her staff.

Two years ago, I lost one guinea pig due to Cote's errors in judgment, after spending over a thousand dollars for what I thought was adequate care. What I have since learned: The care was not adequate, by any measure.

Today, after three office visits in the past week with another guinea pig, staying up for several days to attend to her round-the-clock care, and administering a prescription by Cote that caused more problems than it solved (and, as it turns out, is no better than placebo according to three published medical studies), and *then* making five phone calls to the office seeking some sort of guidance and getting no response whatsoever, I will burying another one of Dr. Cote's patients - a most beloved companion who needlessly died in my arms just over an hour ago. I am heartbroken. This did not have to happen.

If you love your exotic animal companion, save your money - and possibly your animal's life - and seek care elsewhere.

K
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account