within:

Review Detail

Practices, Clinics and Hospitals Fick2010Fick2010 November 28, 2013 4936
Great!
Overall rating 

Quality of Pet Care 

Quality of Customer Service 

Price Performance 

I had been going to another vet for my guinea pigs. That vet told me he specialized in guinea pigs. Well that was a bunch of nonsense. I started with 2 pigs. Took both in for lice and my one possible URI. He told me it wasn't a URI just a eye irritation and he probably sneezed from dust. Long story, sorry in advance, took him in about 2 wks later breathing extremely heavy. Gave him a steroid shot and some Bactrim. 2hrs later my pig died. I had got treatment to late. The vet told me it wasn't contagious. Well we had gotten another one and my one original left had the eye irritation at the time. Should of quarantined, but I didn't I know dumb. Well we ran him into the emergency vet once I heard clicking at 11pm on a Saturday night. They said his lungs sounded horrible and gave me baytril. Took him into the regular vet A DAY LATER. He said he sounded normal to him pretty much. Then I noticed my newer one clicking. My husband took him in for me. They said he was perfectly fine and that the clicking I heard was just him gnashing his teeth together....I'm not dumb. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Doman as soon as I could get in. Another vet office referred me to him said he's been seeing them for 30yrs. Dr. Doman confirmed that he indeed had a URI and prescribed him baytril. He explained everything to me and explained about them not producing vitamin c even though I knew that already. Excellent Vet and very helpful.

Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account