The Guinea Pig Zone - Where the Passionate Piggy People Go!
Orange County Cavy Haven Hot
- Usually, a two-visit process
- Adoption application required, available online
- Adoption contract required
- Home visit occasionally required
- Cage-size minimums required, C&C preferred sizes
- Cage-size minimums required, C&C standards
- Cavy education & training provided during adoption process
- Foster homes provide all care & housing, adoptions centralized
- Foster homes provide all care & housing & most adoptions
- We can provide additional accessories at our cost or low-cost
- We can provide C&C cages or materials at our cost or low-cost
Cavy Haven is a 501(c)3 nonprofit animal welfare organization founded in 2003. We rescue guinea pigs from shelters and find them new homes. All of our guinea pigs are kept in foster homes in Orange County, Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Diego.
The geographical area that we service runs from Ventura to San Bernardino and down to San Diego. There are more than forty animal shelters in this area. We rescue as many guinea pigs as space permits, prioritizing those who are most in danger of euthanasia; pregnant guinea pigs; and ill or injured guinea pigs.
Cavy Haven is a volunteer-run organization. We are always in need of volunteers to foster, transport shelter pigs, work events, and help with administering programs. We have many online volunteers from far away who support our organization.
Our organization is committed to public education for the proper care of guinea pigs. Most of the guinea pigs we rescue were originally purchased on impulse from pet stores. Our primary objective is to place our guinea pigs in permanent homes where they will receive a better standard of care than with their previous owners.
Teresa, I just wanted to say thanks for all you have done and continue to do for the pigs - I am new to volunteering at a rescue and you and Michiko (Orange County Cavy Haven) are my inspiration. You guys ROCK!
Thanks for listing!
Hi Orange County Cavy Haven Folks!
Glad to see the new rescue listing. Now, you'll see that adding new guinea pig listings is even easier. I'll be importing the adoptables listings into the guineapigcages.com forum very soon, as well as running ads on FB. Lots of new features coming very, very soon to help get our little guys adopted out!