Review Detail

Rescue Groups Lisa AMGPRLisa AMGPR November 13, 2011 34629
Would love to be a foster

My husband and I would love to adopt/become fosters for guinea pigs. We live in Alabama though, about two hours away, but are hoping you would love to have us help anyways. We love rescues, but sadly there is only one piggy rescue in my state and she does not reply to emails. I have no idea how many times I have emailed her in the past 6 months trying to ask about piggies up for adoption.

I am a SAHM, and my husband is a teacher. Someone is always home, mostly me, and we do not take vacations ever. We have a three bedroom, two bathroom home, and would have plenty of space for C&C cages. We currently have a young female guinea pig, Tiger Lily. Sadly, her buddy Petunia passed away about two days ago. Vet believes she choked on her food and died in the night. Its been very hard, but it has opened our hearts to wanting to foster. Our toddler loves to help. She carries the veggies and fruit and "watches" Tiger Lily when I clean the cage. (She is in a safe smaller cage beside me, but my daughter lays in front of the cage telling me everything she does.) We've both always had rescues growing up and since we have been married, so why should piggies be any different? Would love to hear back from someone, even if it is a "Sorry, you are too far away." Thank you for your time. :)

The Thompson Family

Owner's reply

I am sorry this is the first I've seen of this! I just got into this site and am now catching up on all the comments! Yikes!

I would love to have another foster home. Please email me at lisa@amgpr.org. That will be the best way to communicate.

H
Report this comment Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account